#1 – Potpourri
Potpourri, the beautiful dried flowers that make your whole house smell heavenly, are actually not that heavenly for your dog, and that is an understatement!
The melange of essential oils and fragrance-boosting chemicals in Potpourri can be toxic to your dog if ingested, causing nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, burning nose, lips, and tongue, and loss of appetite.
We all know how dogs can get with random non-nutritive items; they may sniff, bite, or ingest these items so why should potpourri be an exception?!
You may have to keep all types of potpourri — liquid potpourri, hydrated potpourri, potpourri sachets or potpourri spray — out of your dog’s reach for the sake of its own safety.