Last Updated on January 8, 2021
3. What can you do to keep your dog from ingesting foreign objects?
It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so the best way to avoid all the fuss caused by your puppy ingesting a foreign object is to keep it from happening. If you know your dog is the curious type, keep all the small objects in your home in a place where they can’t reach them. Another measure you can take is to avoid giving your dog objects they might chew on, like stuffed animals. According to the experts, you should do everything in your power to “dog-proof” your house. Lock the cabinets, close the doors, do everything you can to keep them from assessing dangerous objects they might ingest. It might seem expensive at first, but it’s far more costly to pay for emergency surgery.