7 Cleaning Products You Shouldn’t Use Around Dogs!

0
4116

Last Updated on December 6, 2020

© unsplash Everyone already knows that smell is one of the most refined and important senses of dogs because it is through it that these four-legged animals perceive the world. Can you imagine what it is like to smell a person when he is at a great distance from you? Your dog can do that and more! The smell of a healthy dog is one of the best tools used by man in the search for lost or abducted people, in the detection of certain prohibited substances (drugs and explosives), and even to help people who have lost their sight, among many other uses – which makes these animals truly superheroes. And that is why you should be very careful when buying cleaning products, as it may be damaging your dog’s sense of smell. That way, and for you to keep the house clean without it harming your best friend’s senses, there are 7 cleaning products you shouldn’t use around dogs.

1. Bleach

Bleach is known to be the name of a chemical product used for domestic and industrial purposes, such as removing the color of a fabric or fiber or cleaning and extracting stains in a bleaching process. And the truth is that it is one of the main toxic products that affect dogs and cats’ sensitive smell. That way, if you use bleach to clean a given room in the house, be sure to place your dog in a very different room so that he does not contact or detect the smell of this aggressive cleaning product.

2. Ammonia

Ammonia cleaners are highly aggressive to your pets, like your best four-legged friend, but also to humans, especially children. Products with ammonia are usually effective in removing fats or eliminating bacteria, but they are also known to cause skin irritation, breathing problems, burns, and neurological difficulties. Don’t let this happen inside your home and protect your dog’s and children’s health.

3. Drain Cleaners and Oven Cleaners

A drain cleaner and an oven cleaner are cleaning products based on acidic substances, and these can cause extremely serious damage to the skin and mucous membranes of children and pets. In fact, when ingested, they cause burns in the tissues of the upper gastrointestinal tract, sometimes resulting in perforation of the esophagus or stomach. So, stop using any type of oven cleaner to clean your kitchen oven or drain cleaner to clean your bathroom or sewers at home because of the likelihood of them being “consumed” by your pets (dogs love to lick anything and everything) and small children is huge. So don’t take unnecessary risks.
1
2
3
SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY