10 Things That Are Poisonous to Dogs—Be Careful!

0
2930

© Quizzes

Having a dog in the house is the best feeling in life! Dog owners just cannot get enough of taking their beloved animals to dog parks and dog daycare places. Some of them
are also very meticulous about giving their dogs the proper dog grooming they deserve.

However, whether you have one that belongs to small dog breeds or one that belongs to big dog breeds, you need to be careful with them around the house.

Some things in the house constitute a health hazard for dogs, and you need to be very vigilant about having them stay away from those hazards.

In this article, we have compiled a list of very poisonous products that your dog might accidentally ingest.

If you are interested to learn the details, click next now!

1. Mothballs

These things are great if you want to preserve your clothes and not have them become moldy; however, they are the worst thing that can happen to your dog.

If ingested by dogs, mothballs act like poison, and you do not want to see your dog suffer from that. Therefore, make sure that you keep them as far away as possible. Do not forget to give your dog the best dog food and dog treats to stop them from ingesting other things!

2. Drain Cleaner

There are some powerful and abrasive chemicals in the drain cleaner—those chemicals are what makes this product so effective for drain cleaning. However, if your dog happens to swallow some of it, you must see the vet or emergency dog vet as soon as you can.

Swallowing these chemical products can cause breathing problems for your dog, so make sure to be careful with them and prioritize your dog’s health.

3. Batteries

It is a well-known fact that batteries contain chemicals that are hazardous to the health of any living creature, not just dogs.

Your dog should not be allowed to chew on batteries because they are very poisonous. It would be best if you put your dog through some dog training to make them stay away from batteries.

This way, you won’t have to find a vet for dogs if your dog, God forbid,
chew on a whole pack of batteries.

4. Electronic Cigarettes

Taking care of dogs is not an easy thing, and finding the easiest dogs to take care of is the hardest thing that any potential dog owner will have to go through.

The reason that makes dogs so hard to manage is the fact that they are curious about everything and are more than happy to put anything in their mouths—this includes electronic cigarettes.

If you are a fan of vaping, you need to make sure that you store your equipment away from your dog; otherwise, you could regret it.

5. Rodenticides

If you happen to have a dog in the house, you should avoid, at all costs, storing or using rodenticides. These are very hazardous and can end up poisoning your dog.

You do not want to be the one trying to figure out dog first aid or try to do poison control for dogs.

You need to know how to take care of a dog, and that includes keeping rodenticides out of your house.

6. Antifreeze

Dogs are curious creatures, and this curiosity can lead them to do some hazardous things, which includes swallowing some of that antifreeze you have lying around in the house.

Keep antifreeze out of your dog’s reach and make sure that you know how to train a dog to stop them from approaching such hazardous products.

7. Various Adhesives

Adhesives have very dangerous chemicals in them, and they should not come in contact with any living creature, dogs included.

Therefore, you need to make sure that you store them away from dogs to prevent the dog from chewing on them and having poison in their body as a result.

Believe us. You do not want to be the one taking your dog to an emergency dog vet. A vet for dogs should be consulted only for health checkups!

8. Certain Plants

It is nice to have plants in the house, but you need to be careful and know which plant is poisonous for your dog.

We advise dog owners against bringing lilies, tulips, dumb cane, and daffodils into their homes.

Your dog could mistake these plants for food come down with dog food poisoning symptoms, without even having eaten bad dog food.

Make sure that you keep your dog’s stomach filled with homemade dog treats so that it will refrain from eating your plants.

9. Chemical Fertilizers

Another thing that could lead your lovely dog to get poisoned is having a chemical fertilizer in the house.

You might be tempted to use these chemical fertilizers to keep your lawn and plants well cared for; however, your dog spends a lot of time on that lawn, and that can be very dangerous.

Therefore, if you tend to carry out dog agility training, or any type of dog training, on your lawn, make sure that you keep that lawn clear
of any chemical fertilizers.

10. Cocoa Bean Mulch

The soil in your lawn will need some fertilizer. However, your dog should stay away from cocoa bean mulch no matter what.

This particular mulch has the same ingredients that make chocolate a hazard for dogs. The best dog food brands and various dog treat recipes do not use chocolate. Therefore, make sure that you act the same and avoid using cocoa bean mulch in your lawn.

You must keep your dog away from anything that might poison them. We hope this article has helped you learn about the things that can hurt the health of your dog.

Remove them from your house and, instead, fill it with the best dog food brands and some very nice and calming treats for dogs.
Before you go, tell us in the comments below which dog breed you own!

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY