Beware of the 6 Cleaning Products that Could Easily Kill Your Dog

0
7397

Last Updated on January 18, 2021

Beware of the 6 Cleaning Products that Could Easily Kill Your Dog

©Perritos HC

Who doesn’t use cleaning products to clean their homes? There are all sorts of household cleaning products such as chlorine or ammonia that we often use to whiten surfaces and get rid of dirt and germs.

However, there is a high chance that these chemical products could harm our pets due to their toxic ingredients, as animals can be quite sensitive to them. What’s more dangerous is the fact that not many pet owners are aware of the potential hazards of some common cleaning products that they use and keep at their homes.

Some of the risks that these toxic household cleaning products have on your dog’s health include, asthma, dog skin allergies, lung damage, kidney damage, and other serious risks such as poisoning that could lead to death.

On this list, you’ll find the 6 cleaning products that every dog parent should keep far away from their dogs. Read on to find out!

#1 – Ammonia

Ammonia is a very common ingredient in cleaning products, specifically contained in several floor cleaners, toilet cleaners, oven cleaners, stainless steel cleaners, glass cleaners, etc.

The cleaning products you use at your house every day most likely contain Ammonia which is a highly toxic compound that may irritate your dog’s respiratory system, skin, and eyes.

If your dog is affected by this irritant, they will experience breathing difficulty, skin itchiness, and burning inside their mouth and stomach.

Keep an eye out for any unusual symptoms in your dog and if you have already suspected that something is wrong with your dog due to cleaning products, call the vet immediately as it could be an emergency case that may actually end in tragic consequences.

#2 – Chlorine

Chlorine is an element that is found in bleach compounds, disinfectants, toilet bowl cleaners, dishwashing detergent, etc.

Chlorine can cause serious symptoms in your dog including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, respiratory problems if inhaled, and even death from poisoning upon ingestion.

Be very careful when using cleaning products with this ingredient and keep it hidden away from your pets. Dogs are very curious creatures and may end up accidentally coming in contact with such toxic products.

SHARE
1
2
3

LEAVE A REPLY