Last Updated on January 20, 2021As a dog parent, having a healthy dog should be your top priority. Caring for your dog involves basic musts like veterinary visits, vaccination, high-quality dog food, regular exercise and walks, and much more. That is how you ensure that your furry baby lives a longer and healthier life! In case you didn’t know, there are other things that you should do for your dog on a weekly basis. Let’s see if you already do these things, and if not, it’s about time you added them to your list of responsibilities? Want to be more responsible and make your dog happy? Read this list of 5 things you should do for your dog every week!
1. Building a routine for a healthy dogRoutine is key to all sorts of dog training. Getting your dog into a routine, which includes basics like food, grooming, potty training, etc., will bring a sense of organization and familiarity for your dog. Make sure to build a routine for your healthy dog. It will not only bring stability and calm to its life but also gives you peace of mind.
2. Mental stimulationPhysical exercise is not the only exercise your dog needs. Keeping your dog’s mind sharp should also be on your list of responsibilities as a pet parent. It will not only prevent boredom and keep your dog excited, but it will also help to prevent premature aging and help with hyperactivity in dogs. Here are ways to stimulate your dog mentally:
- Teach your dog new tricks every day or week.
- Introduce your dog to new faces every week.
- Give your dog tasks to complete.
- Play games like hide & seek or puzzle games with your dog.
- Give your dog a new toy every week.
- Play Fetch as much as you can. Play dog sports like flyball.